As friendships grow, so do safe and caring neighbourhoods.
10 Reasons to Have a Block Party
- To have fun – no excuses or reasons needed to celebrate!
- To meet your neighbours. When you know who lives in your neighbourhood, the more likely you are to identify strangers or suspicious people.
- To increase that sense of belonging to a community.
- To strengthen neighbourhood spirit and encourage residents to look after the neighbourhood.
- To make additional connections within the community. When you know people, you can exchange skills or resources and perhaps organize a book club, baby-sitting co-op, share walking to school duties, or find new friends for your children.
- To meet some old time residents in the neighbourhood and learn the neighbourhood’s history.
- To establish new friendships.
- To learn a little about each other and who might need a little extra help from time to time.
- To have a neighbourhood clean-up day, play some good music and barbeque once all the work is done.
- To start a neighbourhood tradition of getting together at least once a year!